Pages

Ashton Kutcher : Gives life advice at Teen Choice Awards

Ashton Kutcher is far from a teenager at 35 years old. But he still walked away with a Teen Choice honor Sunday night in Los Angeles.

Ashton Kutcher accepts the ultimate choice award at the Teen Choice Awards at the Gibson Amphitheater on Aug. 11, 2013, in Los Angeles.
Ashton Kutcher accepts the ultimate choice award at the Teen Choice Awards at the Gibson Amphitheater on Aug. 11, 2013, in Los Angeles. / AP

Upon receiving the ultimate choice award at the Gibson Amphitheatre, Kutcher joked that he had won the "old guy award."

And it was partially true -- Kutcher was in the company of plenty of younger stars, including One Direction, Miley Cyrus and Demi Lovato on Sunday -- not to mention the audience members and all of the viewers watching at home. So he took the opportunity to impart some advice on to his younger fans with a speech about making the best out of life. "I believe that opportunity looks a lot like work," he said. "I never had a job in my life that I was better than. I was always just lucky to have a job. Every job I had was a stepping stone to my next job and I never quit my job before I had my next job."

He went on to talk about the importance of intelligence, which he equated to "being sexy": "The sexiest thing in the entire world is being really smart. And being thoughtful and being generous. Everything else is crap. I promise you. It's just crap that people try to sell to you to make you feel like less. So don't buy it. Be smart. Be thoughtful and be generous."

Steve Jobs also made his way into Kutcher's speech. The actor, who portrays the Apple co-founder in the upcoming movie "Jobs," said, "Steve Jobs said when you grow up you tend to get told that world is the way that it is."

Kutcher wrapped with: "Everything around us that we call life was made up of people that are no smarter than you. And you can build your own things and you can build your own life that other people can live in. So build a life, don't live one, find your opportunities and always be sexy."

Tell us: What did you think about Kutcher's acceptance speech?

© 2013 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Mahabubur Rahaman

Interested in eCommerce, Marketing, Social Engineering, Serial Entrepreneur, UX, Music, Blog. Writer at @Techinasia @Medium and http://wjarman.com

No comments:

Post a Comment