Pages

Perez Hilton denies 'preposterous' claims he poses threat to Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga and Perez Hilton have been embroiled in a venomous Twitter spat, with the pop star accusing the gossip blogger of “stalking her”– and Hilton subsequently receiving death threats from Gaga’s “little monsters”.

Former friends: Perez Hilton and Lady Gaga pictured together in 2009
The “Born This Way” star is reported to have written: "STAY AWAY FROM ME + MY FAMILY YOU ARE SICK TRYING TO RENT AN APARTMENT IN MY BUILDING TO STALK ME. LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" But the tweet was later removed.

One of Gaga’s fans is alleged to have told the singer that Hilton was at her apartment building in New York on Sunday afternoon.

Gaga’s tweet was published in the wake of several Twitter rows between the pair, who used to be friends. The source of their latest altercation is unclear, but last week Hilton tweeted that Katy Perry’s new single “Roar” was better than Gaga’s latest offering “Applause”.

This morning Hilton denied Gaga’s accusations of stalking and responded to threats from Twitter accounts marking themselves as the singer’s fans by retweeting them.

"I am a critic and not a stalker,” Hilton said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter.

“My heart hurts that my former very good friend Lady GaGa, a person I used to call my 'wifey' and travelled the world with, is making very public and very untrue allegations about me on Twitter.”

He continued: “While it is still too painful for me to go into detail about why I chose to no longer make her a part of my life, I will say that I am a critic and not a stalker.”

Los Angeles-based Hilton announced last week that he is moving to New York to raise his baby son who was born via a surrogate in February.

A photo tweeted by Perez Hilton of himself with Lady Gaga
A photo tweeted by Perez Hilton of himself with Lady Gaga
The gossip blogger and his child have been the subject of a stream of nasty messages from Twitter accounts purporting to support Gaga. These include calls for Hilton to kill himself, to die of Aids and threats to kill his son.

In a statement issued on PerezHilton.com the blogger defended himself further over the allegations of stalking: “I love New York and that is where me and my growing family want to call home right now. Sunday, my realtor showed us a list of possible apartments to rent. I learned only after the fact that Lady GaGa lives in one of the buildings we looked at, and she was across the country in Los Angeles when I viewed that building.”

It added:  “Any allegation that I am stalking her, based on a day of house hunting with my baby boy and my mother, is utterly false, defamatory and now appears to be putting me and my family in danger.”

Hilton said he hoped Gaga’s fans stop sending him death threats “as the suggestion that I pose a danger to Lady Gaga is preposterous”.

He ended the statement by wishing Lady Gaga happiness and continued success and adding that his family house hunting “has nothing to do with her”.

Source: Independent 

Mahabubur Rahaman

Interested in eCommerce, Marketing, Social Engineering, Serial Entrepreneur, UX, Music, Blog. Writer at @Techinasia @Medium and http://wjarman.com

No comments:

Post a Comment